manly harbour eging report

kevinchen19870316

just a short report. angolee and me took a train to manly harbour around 8 in the morning.

we met chubbstar around 10ish after i managed 2 good size squid ( biggest 21cm tube) then i got another 2 ok size ones and missed a good size school!:blush:

then we moved in the harbour cuz the wind's bloody strong. i managed another 2 good size one and a baby b4 i decided to call it a day.

will certainly do better next time when the wind's not blowing like today.

i think chubbstar has a couple of pics.

jigs are cheap fishy. i noticed that bcf have a surecatch squid jig pack there are 2 packs one with smaller and the other with larger jigs. i think they are around 30 and you get about 10in the pack with a special designed case. not bad priced or you could always shell out for some jdm ones and get a jdm daiwa emeraldas bag

You ever tried trolling the jigs I did it once on my honeymoon around a shallow reef at great keppel I got one squid but the charter guide said it was not the best time of year to target them it was a different experience but I was more keen on casting poppers at queenies and trevs so we didnt try for to long

EMP wrote:

Hey Kev/ Chubbstar/ AngGoLee,

Wish I was there to meet you guys.

I still am unwell and quite time pressed to get better.

Anyway, great squids there, guys. You must've been busy preparing dinner. :)

EMP

No worries, there is always next time.:)

bigtez wrote:

Are these the YoZuri ones you are talking about Kev?

http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=3543

Might add a couple to my next order and head down to the Redcliffe pier for a flick. Do the squid prefer a particular colour?

Terry

ive found pink/orange to be best for me but als one time got hit using a smaller size 1.5 green one by a cuttlefish. but always safe to have at least 1 colour of each and try and get different sizes. matching size is important as a smaller squid wont really be game enough to take a larger jig unless its really hungry

bigtez wrote:

Are these the YoZuri ones you are talking about Kev?

http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=3543

Might add a couple to my next order and head down to the Redcliffe pier for a flick. Do the squid prefer a particular colour?

Terry

these r the oitas and they work a treat. get pink and blue 2.5 and 3.0

Archived