Burpengary Creek

Feral

Well \"going fishing\" area is still \"going nowhere\" so posting this here.

Ferg and I have a session planned saturday in his shed to fire up my 25HP motor with the newly acquired fuel pump, after that we are taking the 8 foot tinnie down to Burpengary creek to give it a lash with the electric. The creek is only about 20 foot wide near the ramp, and mostly overhanging with the mangroves.

Make a good canoe creek (probably not kayaks, not much room for overhead strokes!)

Will be interesting to see whats in there, certainly plenty of small mullet when I sussed it out this arvo!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/10/19 19:53

i have fished burpengary creek hundreds of times.......i call it the flathead hole...........near the mouth at low tide there are loads of flattys to be had along with some good whiting and talior in the right season.......when the creek is full i have had a few struggles with bull sharks up the creek too......and sole, there are heaps of the flat buggers.....caught my first bream on a lure in that creek...was chatting to a old bloke there one day and he told me jew were amongst the catch list about 30 yrs ago....it used to be a dugong habitat too out at the mouth but all the weed has gone.....

Yeah, tides crappy (running out from 9am) and the battery I am using, borrowed, was described as \"dodgy\" by Ray, and believe me if he says dodgy I believe it!

The trip is more about seeing how the 8footer handles 2 adults, and Fergs electric motor (originally bought for a canoe) goes pushing us along. We will fish, but I wont be going to far from that boat ramp! Unfortunately there is not much upstream navigable from the ramp, and with the tide going out, I am not to game to go to far down stream of it! Paddling against the tide if the battery gives up the ghost is not my idea of fun!

If the tide had been coming in I would have been game for a good explore downstream!

Archived