Help with trailer lights wiring needed!!

creature100

Hi there...i have been given some trailer lights that lack a wiring diagram. Not being the most mechanically minded person i require some help with wiring them up. I am using existing cable from my old lights which has red, yellow, brown, white and green in the cable itself. Coming out of the back of the submersible lights is only red, white, brown, and yellow. Any help muchly appreciated.

Craig

oh and my cable is 7 pin round

I tried clicking on the link you gave Booty but it came up to homepage of the site (i tried in both internet explorer and firefox though i did find it after a little searching on the site). It could be just my comp stuffing up but anyways here's another link (that worked for me).

/>http://www.noboundaries.com.au/Hints%20and%20tips.htm

Also creature100, the 4 wire colors you mentioned would have been what should have come out of the left tail-light. If it was wired correctly, you should have seen a green wire (instead of yellow) coming out of the right tail-light. You shouldnt have a problem with the existing wire you have if you follow these diagrams.

Cheers

Woody

Thanks for the replies...i sorted it out. Woodlaz that was what was initially confusing me as both sides have yellow coming out but its just a matter of putting the green for the right onto the yellow of the corresponding light. Also my red wire had shaken loose on the back of the car so was not getting any brake lights til i checked the connection..anyway all sorted now and thanks for the help guys.

Craig

Archived