Tactics For Noosa Long Weekend

Angus

Hey guys.

What do you reckon for Noosa this weekend.

I was planning on lots up things but with the weather I wonder.

Will the fish be pushed into the deeper saltier channels due to all the rain?

I have time to try many things so open to any advice.

Usually after rain like this the water is murky as and the fishing can be tough.

Angus

Cant. Its a family thing. Grandmothers 80th. So if we can get through we will be going there.

I think im going to end up sitting on the bank with live bait to be honest. Try and get a jew in the mouth or something.

Angus

Where the car Ferry cross the river at Tewantin. If you sit there you will get good bream.

If your keen on hitting the beach in the car. Turn right at the first cutting onto the beach. Drive up the the end. Sand should be hard because of the wet wweather. Some nice gutters running through there. Good spot for Tailor and Dart.

hit up the mouth on the full tide at night for tailor and jew, should be some cleaner water around, hopefully. options are going to be a bit limited after this rain, unless you like catfish or like ellicat said the sweetwater stuff. noosa has had over 300mm since thursday last week, and it is still tumbling down! :blink: you might need the yak just to get there mate!

hey mate

What I have been told by Billybob and some of the locals is that the mouth of the river is definatley the go when there is a lot of rain water about also on a incoming tide.

I might be up there this weekend.

Cheers

BATTY

Yeah, we had 400mm of rain up here, the river looks like a mocha coffee.....again!!

Fished this arvo at mouth with live baits and big plastics, chasing a jew, current was roaring out, too hard to fish. Had one touch on a river2sea vibe.

With the volume of rain in the river, the tides are again up the shite.

With these high tides, we're hoping they will flush the fresh out quicker than normal, let's hope as at the moment it is very dissappointing and uninspiring looking water.

Cheers, The Frenz.

Archived