Need help!!

rhino01

NEED HELP - Still looking for a decent landbased location on the brisbane southside - northern gold coast!! I have tried the logan river 8 - 10 times with very little success. Need help get frustrated with the lack of results, don't want huge fish just a feed of bream would be good. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME???

Try 8-10lbs fluro. Berkley Vanish LEADER material (comes in a small spool of about 50m) would be sufficient.

No swivels involved

just tie the leader straight to the mainline using a uni to uni. A quick google search will show you how to do this join.

have you thought of going to jacobs well? last time i went there had heaps of fun near the boat ramp. landed a nice gt, cant remember anything else as that was the highlight hahahha - cant comment on the logan as ive never fished it, but if its anything like the brissie river then most of the gulp lures should work

i have found that the cheaper soft rods work better with bait the fancy carbon/graphite rods are fantastic with lures but seem to scare a lot of finicky biters off

my favourite is a size 1 hook little to no sinker a small piece of niceish steak not full of fat about 3cm long 1cm square no swivell 4lb line up to 8 if i get snapped of to much and 1 rod not multiples this will allways catch me a fish if theres one there if i get snapped off a heap ill go up a line class and if i get bitten off a lot ill go up a hook size or two and bait size apropriately

only tust hook the bait on dont feed to much on too the hook as it will stop the fish from getting hooked

and lastly location makes all the diference 20ft wrong you wont get a thing in some spots

:) JASON

Unweighted prawn should get eaten but steak I have heard is a good bait another good bait for bream is raw chicken breast. You can also get them on lightly wieghted plastics wont really mater how dirty it is.

Archived