NPD, 10/06/08

EMP

Prelude: ;)

The 6th or 7th of June

Absolute frustration! I spent hours throwing duds! One fish. :laugh:

09/06/08, Monday

It was one of those crappy days- a public holiday and yet I was working. As a reward to myself... what else? Fishing after work!

I finished work at 3 PM and went straight to Bullocky. A couple of hours later or so, 4 bass I got. I went home with a smile although I did not score a keeper. :)

TUESDAY, 10/06/08

Day off. So what happens then? Fishing. ;)

Arriving at MacGavin before lunch, I was immediately welcomed by a little bass. I said, "thanks so much for the fun" and let her go.

An hour later, nothing. I was beginning to entertain the idea of going home and just rest (I've been feverish again). But then, bang! Woohoo! I'm having a fight! After a half a minute of struggle, I saw a beautiful bass- 43 cms. (end to end, ie, not forklength). I told myself, "hey EMP, take her home". And then I replied to my schizophrenic self, "sure EMP, just be sane".:laugh:

After another 15 minutes or so, I got 3 bass in so short a span. Adrenaline was high because of these 3. All legal, too. I just love this stuff!

And then there was a lull. A deafening silence; one could hear a pin dropping. I could even hear my heart beating (not really; I'm just exaggerating for effect). And then boom! The heaviest pull of the afternoon! On measurement, she was 47 cms...... and obese. I bade her goodbye with a smile.

After the fat lady, I got 2 or 3 more but none as dramatic as the previous ones. All in all, 8 or 9 bass came in attendance, 1 left the lake permanently. No yellowbelly which I badly miss (I love the taste of it).

The past two days have been perfect for me and my itchy casting arm. A blast.

I might just show up tomorrow again... ;)

P.S. Sorry, no proof. Left the phone at home. :(

kriso wrote:

i hope to maybe get over that way on thursday for a look and maybe catch my first bass!

Surely you will, mate. What time are you heading there? Try to stay past 5, mate. They seem to be more attentive around that time. :)

EMP

Archived