New motor hard to start

Shrimpo

Hi guys we have just bought a new outboard:) , brand new tohatsu 25hp 2 stroke for the tinnie and its a real bitch to start:unsure: , Its running on 25:1 for the first 10hrs run in and its done about 5hrs now, First trip we were at the ramp for 10mins:ohmy: and just about to winch it back on the trailer:( then it started:cheer: . We ran the fuel out at home.

Week later go to start and its still the same, Ran it when we got home and left the fuel in this time.

Go out 30mins ago to start it as it hasnt been used in 2weeks and wont be used this weekend, took 5minutes to go and that had the fuel in, The vents open the bulb is hard the chokes on, Why is it so hard to start, is this normal?

Saltshaker was yours hard to start for the first few trips?

Cheers guys:dry:

Shrimpo

I dare say you already know this but just incase there are 2 things that I found with 2 strokes.

All 2 strokes have a mind of their own. If your uesing the choke try it with out it or vise versa.

Don't over prime the fuel line as this will flood the motor and make it a bitch to start.

If this fail then I agree with funfisher take it back to the dealer for warranty repair.

Archived