Shultz canal 1/7/08

Keechie

G'day, well today i rode from my house ddown to shultz canal for a flick at about 11:30, when i got down there i though oh $#^% look how low it is. well i rode down to my first spot where i had visited the day before to find the track was all slush, oops thats it bike in the lowest gear possible and ride as hard as i can. well i got through and started flicking nothing for the first half an hour except watching hundreds of baby mullet swim into my line . rode back up to where i had fished about last year for nothing, so back down shorter of my first spot, and what do you know nothing. i decided thats it i will move up further and change to a plastic thats been killing it for me lately (squidgy pro lobby). what do you know 3rd cast i hook up and my line goes screaming off and saw a flathead come to the surface with no plastic too be seen ooh crap here has swallowed it, the fight lasted about 4 mins till i got him to the mud and slid him up the bank and lifted him straight up the cliff face. man was i excited ha had hooked it right down so i decided to cut the hook and let him go free anfter a photo and measure, he went 47cm (not big i know) but i got him on 4lb fluorocarbon right through to the hook. i rode about another 8km in search of a fish and got bitten off and decided to call it quits at about 2:00.

i am sorry for such a long post for 1 small fish but i had alot of fun getting him in .

regards,

keechie

(p.s i hope i do better with my uncle tomorrow)

cool thanks chubstar. sorry woody1 i am fishing the barra park with my uncle, but if i didn't i would go down and catch up for a fish. oh and also woody1 if your into using bait, take your cast net because atm there is millions of baby mullet around and also a few that are about 15-30cm long just cruising around, if you get them you will have bait for a year or more.

nic

Archived