Report: Brissie River 03/07/08

caelen

Hi all,

Had the chance to go have a fish down the mouth of the river today. Put in at Fish I about 6 and headed out to the sunken wall. Not much happening there so we cruised up and down trying out various spots. Resutls for the day were

2 tailor

6 bream

1 flathead

4 threadies (my first and second and third and fourth ever :) )

1 sand crab

1 estuary cod (my first decent one of these)

2 giant toadfish

1 stripey looking little thing

Everything went back except the flathead and one of the bream

Probably my best trip at that end of the river (I havent gone enough yet to count myself as a regular) so I am quite happy with myself at the moment.

THought Id also mention that we went down to Pinkenba boat ramp to see whats going on. Today the excavator took all the cement off top and was levelling underneath. So expect a new surface in the next few days. One thing of not ehe was doing it on the half out tide. Not sure if he bothered to stay long enough until the tide was well down.

Happy fishing.

C

All fish caught on frozen prawns. Total sum for the threadies about 1 meter :) SO 25 cms each.

Funny story there.

Caugtht the first one and my uncle and I thoguht what the heck is that (having never seen one before), couldnt decide so threw it back. About an hour later my uncle says you know I reckon that other thing might have been a thready.

5 minutes later and I landed the second and we confirmed our suspicions. YAY no longer a thready virgin.:woohoo:

Archived