SPs the Last Two Weeks

Smithy

Started this period of good weather and good fishing with Norman and his partner. A 78cm Snapper, a cracker of a Grassy and a few pan size Squire started it all off.

normansnapver.jpg

Turned into a bumma of a time the next day. Very first cast with a 3/4oz jighead a customer hit the corner of my toughened glass windscreen while it was brittle and cold. Result was 5million tiny cracks. We played a big Tuna that I am guessing was a Longtail over 15kg by the fight that took us 1.2Nm from where we started the fight before wearing through the 20lb FC leader. Running back the screen eventually shattered into 5million pieces of glass 5mmX5mmX5mm. We had to deal with that all day that put a dampener on proceedings. A few pan size Squire were the result but I was out of action most of the morning dealing with the glass. A quick trip to Lee's and I was back in action the following day. Here is the Stabi parked up next to Serial Fisher where we did the windscreen replacement.

windscreen1.jpg

serialtriton3.jpg

serialtriton.jpg

New windscreen and we were back into them. All a bit of blur after 9 days on the water in 10 with some full days and half day morning and afternoons.

This 82cm on from 18m of water was the standout. Plenty of pannies and lots 50cm+. Got another 78 and lost plenty around that size due to pulled hooks and bustups. Plenty of pics taken but like usual they never find their way back to me.

82snaphor.jpg

snaphor2.jpg

louissnaphor1.jpg

JulianSnap2.jpg

The Mack Tuna was on a SP. The fight was over miles quicker than this thing we were on the other morning. The Cobe was on a livey. Also snapped this Albatross that was hanging around with the huge number of Gannets that are about.

JulianMack2.jpg

cobevert2.jpg

albatross.jpg

Been some good weather mixed in with it and then hammered by wrong forecasts. So hard to pick at the moment.

You'll have to come out with me then get a ride in a Fisher yourself and compare the two.

The photos are taken off the Sunshine Coast. They are not far offshore at all.

You can't use windscreen wipers on perspex, it must be glass. It was a freak accident. Toughened glass went back in.

smithy i already have a fisher 4.8ext with a 115hp suskie on :woohoo: just a wondering the difference between the 2boats as someone i know is interested in the other type of boat:cheer:big al; seems to be plenty of good snapper up the sunny coast at the moment:woohoo: wish i could get up there:laugh:

On a good little bite again.

64cm Sweety to Jake this morning.

jakesweety2.jpg

Yesterday. Bagged out by 7:30.

gs2.jpg

bagout4.jpg

Coupla arvos ago. 3 person bagout on an arvo trip.

bagout2-1.jpg

The afternoon before that. Roger and a 59cm fish. Part of a double hookup of fish the exact same size. Roger ran charter boats back in England and is now a Sunny Coast local.

roger.jpg

Not hitting base everytime, but nearly! Had checked out advertising on here but the weather I had in Jan/Feb/Mar wrecked my advertising budget. Not a single paid charter in January. That really hurts when it is your sole income. Just getting on top now. Plan to in the future. Just need some good weather and a few fish to hold.

The Fisher is bigger. It is a 6.6m. The Stabi would fit inside it with room to spare all round, that is the main difference. I ran the tape over them when they were there. The Fisher is still under legal towing width by heaps.

From a couple of weeks ago. Finally filtering in. Even the ladies can do it.

[img size=150]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x197/blackfin15/Charters/June%2008/Firstcatchoftheday.jpg

Dinner.jpg

This next trip was a good trip for quality. A 55cm to Ben from Sydney to start the day off.

bensnap1.jpg

Then a 78cm

bensnap4.jpg

Then Robby cracked a 55cm a new PB for him.

robsnap.jpg

Then got a new PB Cobe out wider as a PB. Also got a good Pearly out there on a SP.

robcobe.jpg

And a little haul from a few days before that.

100_1824small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived