Straddie 11,12,13th July 2008

Malcolm

Left work at lunch time Thursday and headed off to North Stradbroke.

Contacted Angus and decided to head out in the yaks. We thought Amity would be the go until we arrived and it was windy as, so we decided to head back to Point Lookout and go offshore to Shag Rock.

Paddled through the surf and got to Shag in a short time, although I was a bit slower than Angus. The westerly was quite strong so we drifted and fished then paddled back towards the rocks a number of times, picking up some small Reefies of different variety with Angus managing a double hookup.

On the way back in I was talking to Angus's mate and we didn't have a plan for the run in through the waves, so we watched Angus do it with apperent ease and thought what the hell lets just go and we did. I tell ya I was stuffed when we hit the beach after the sprint paddle over the bank but all was good we both made it no drama's.

It was my first offshore kayak adventure and I loved it.

Took my daughter Zara down to Amity for some fishing on Saturday arve and she managed to catch 3 legal Bream and was a happy camper, as was I.

Sunday I decided to head out from Dunwich and paddle over to Goat Island in search of Snapper which was not to be, with a few undersized Squire landed but again a bloody great way to spend a Sunday Morning.

Pics to follow.

Go the Viking Profish.

Mal

best place in the bay to grab a good fresh feed of oysters that malcom, should have blacked out the photo to keep it "secret"! ;) sounds like a good weekend, good to see the tin lid getting in on the action as well, she looks pretty stoked! bet there is one proud father at your place. :cheer:

tacklebox wrote:

Sounds like a great weekend. Is the little one entering the bream comp? Looks like she'd clean up!

Nah I've thought about it but I think it will be to long a day. As much as she likes it you have to be ready to pack it in at short at notice

Malcolm wrote:

tacklebox wrote:
Sounds like a great weekend. Is the little one entering the bream comp? Looks like she'd clean up!

Nah I've thought about it but I think it will be to long a day. As much as she likes it you have to be ready to pack it in at short at notice

Go on Malcom, harden up, your just scared she'll kick your but in the comp.

I've got used to my son shaming me in every AFO comp, so can you!

Archived