Macintyre Brook

Aaron H

Ok finally organised the weekend trip with the missus and have decided on the Macintyre brook, near Inglewood. Have been told of a spot near whetstone weir where there is bush camping, plenty of yellas and carp (not good but gotta bait the shrimp traps with something) and the odd cod to 15 kg. So I am leaving four am Saturday morning and have a tight schedule as follows: Reach spot by 7am, have camp set up by 7:30am rods in water by 8am, and can of beer in hand by 8:30 am ;) Anyone ever fished this area as any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mate i have foshed it with Handlines years ago as a friends property runs briefly along it.

I remember lots of carp.

At the same the time it was loads of fun.

One of the guys that used to come do odd jobs on the property used lures once a day and used to get a few yellas. But that was well before the time i even considered using a lure.

So yeah it was just carp for me, but these were carp up to a foot and half (no idea of teh weight).

Anyway mate good luck and looking forward to the report.

P.S. Check your PM.

Angus

If your fishing for yella's and cod, I would of though you would not get to many carp, they are bottom feeders are they not?

Best fishing for most australian natives is a metre or 2 off the bottom (except catfish of course, but not getting to many of those does not exactly devestate me :silly: )

Archived