my sunday fishing trip

gonefishin

I have given up fishing the pine river once and for all as it is so outfished so decided that nudgee & the little estruaries look like potential jack/ cod/ flathead territory so me (& 2 mates) put the boat in about 9.30 (p low 10am/ p high 4pm) and headed over to the creek to the right of the mouth to put our 4 pots in then decided to head out about 500m from the mouth but as the weather was excellent we decided to head out about 5k to were was about 10 boats anchored, after half hour of nothing scored a 1m wide devil ray on a strip of fresh whiting (god bless castnets), was a bloody good fight of about 20mins and was hoping for a cod but its better than catching 0 so after an hour of nothing decided to bite the bullet and head over to mud, fished about 1 k out on the western side as we didnt have enough fuel to make it to jeays so we anchored and only could little squire& some other species of little fish (similar to whiting). thought wed head back to the creek as a couple more hours went by and caught nothing so headed back then the worst of it is when we go back to get the pots ones missing& the prop cut the rope to another& mates handle snapped of his silstar reel so he wasnt happy so we fished for another hour and only little pickers were interested in our bait so we called it a day. so from now on when the weather says so mud island is our stomping ground for sure anyway next time we head out hopefully will be on to some big snapper so look out for another report.

Ouch

So,

Missing pot, presumed stolen :(

Cut a rope, too many stubbies?

Snapped reel handle? Stiff Wrists? :P :P :P

Sorry M8, I couldn't help but laugh. I've had a few days like your's, and then come back the next weekend and had some really top days to make up for it.

Good Luck @ Mud and the snapper.

i agree on the pine..its a hard nut to crack..its just to easy for people to access so its gonne get a flogging..i have pulled some ok fish from there over the years,btu for the effort and time you need to invest to get minimal results id say its not worth it.

but im afraid to say mud is also getting like that too..but its better then the pine

I have found the fish, particularly bream, in the Pine move a long way with the tides and weather. They will be in one stretch of the river one day and a completely different stretch the next day. If you keep moving and cover as much of the river as you can quickly you will find them.

I have gone off it as well but being only 5-10mins from home it is hard not to fish it regularly, especially when I don't have much fishing time. If you are having trouble finding the fish in the pine there is always the option to shoot out to the shallow reefs at woody point. There is always plenty of fish there.

Terry

Archived