The YAK Trolley lives

pcsolutionman

Well Fixed Terry's Yak trolley today, ended up having a blown head gasket but the head was all good not warped or cracked, Replaced the valve stem seals while i had the head off, also replaced the 2 radiator hosed that caused the problem in the first place, as well as new spark plugs, points and an oil change. Running well now hopefully get him out of trouble untill the end of the year and new car

Lee

saltshaker wrote:

when tightening down the head nuts do u need to use a torque wrench?i have to do mine in my trbo diesel ute soon i think

Yeah mate, go pick up a copy of the Gregorys repair manual for your ute model & will give ya a run through of what ya need to do.

Cheers,

Matt

saltshaker wrote:

yeha they dont do one for it yet..unfortunately

Know that feeling well mate, same as my ute, I enquired everywhere about it & turns out I can get a genuine one for $280, but bugger that, think I'll just take it to my brother who is a mechanic if/when anything beyond my scope of fixability happens.

Cheers,

Matt

Feral wrote:

TerryH wrote:

Timing Belt was slipping a bit, so pop a new one on tomorrow hopefully and good as gold

:blink: aah they dont "slip a bit" mate, hope nothing has been damaged. Usually results in valves contacting pistons, which is not cheap.

Nah the belt was a little worn pretty sure its slipped tensioner looked fine. and cant do any valve damage on this motor its a free spinning motor so all is good. just a couple of hours to change the belt and it will be good as gold

Lee

Archived