Coloundra (Golden Beach) 12/11

Gerty_92

Hey guys.

went to golden beach today to have a fish of the pontoon there. i rigged up and had a squidgy fish in gary glitter as my weapon. casted in and first the first jig wam i hook onto a nice 45cm flattie which will now be my dinner. afer that my brother caught a little 19cm bream on a 2\" power minnow in pseed. Then on our way home we were driving past pelican waters and i know a person who lives on it and catches big unknown fish and from what he told me a still couldnt figue them out. so anyway rocked up there and nothing was really happening so i decided to call it quits and right then on my last cast just mucking around prtending to troll my 55mm RMG scorpian i hook onto a nice little trevally. so overall not a bad day of fishing

Post edited by: Gerty_92, at: 2006/11/12 16:14

Glad it did, Flathead were my favorite fish when I was younger, used to target them in the surf gutters specifically. Knees cant take beach fishing anymore though (and they say playing sport is good for you!), so been probably 20 years since I caught one!

The ones in the surf are different from the ones in the bay and rivers, they are striped and very light coloured rather than dark, and I reckon taste cleaner.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/11/12 18:09

nice big eye! they say in that pelican waters there are some real monters trevs and queenfish...love to \"yak\" up there........and off that pontoon on golden beach, one night i turned up there to watch this old bloke pull in a 4 kg jew on a handline with a wire trace and a dead herring! lucky lucky codger!

ye a guy on the jety pulled in a queenfish right when i turned up

oh ye and i know some people who live on pelican waters and whenever it rains down there the next day they pull in some nice jewies...unfortunatley ive never been at there house after rain so my best was that trevally i got on the weekend...hoping to go up again over the holidays and borrow one of there canoes and go canoeing around it.

Post edited by: Gerty_92, at: 2006/11/15 18:11

Nice little Big Eye. They were pestering Ando and I at Noosa on Sunday. They just wouldn't take any lure we put in front of them. They would rather follow it for about 5m before swimming off :P . Doesn't really matter since we changed spots and found some nice Queenies which was fun!

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/11/16 12:56

Archived