Bongaree?

Angus

Yes, and no.

There is a couple of boat ramps there, the one near the canal is usable, the one closer to Bongaree Jetty has about 20 yards of sand between it and the water.

There is a set of BBQ's directly across from the RSL, just slightly north of the Jetty, that has been used for meet and greets before.

Thanks guys. Ill have a good look at all these options and post the final details ASAP.

I guess there is no reason we cant launch mainland side. Easier for those that want to fish Ningi Creek anyway.

In fact it doesnt really matter where we launch, as long as there is enough boat parking for the meet up at the end.

Angus

Angus

The ramp at the marina and the other one just outside it are both good only issue is they can fill up fairly early.

There is also a good one on the island next to VMR (left over the bridge) This has ample parking and a good sandy patch to pull boats up on. There are also BBQ and toilets close by.

Feral wrote:

Being as its a "yak" do, does it really matter? all you need is easy access to the water on foot, so you just need to pick one of the foreshore parking areas really.

Not just Yaks mate. Infact I would encourage as many boaters as possible.

Angus

Gus,

I've been using the Bongaree boat ramp to launch boats for about a squillion years and had no problems with it. The one we use is on Welsby parade opposite the Bongaree caravan park. My boat is 4.2m but much larger vessels launch there.

Exact location on the map would be just south of 5th Ave (guessing, don't read street signs).

Plenty of sand to beach kayaks and another smaller ramp that not many boats use is about 50m south of the main ramp & accessed via the same carpark. This one stops well short of the water on all but highest tides & would be perfect for kayaks. Car park can fill fairly early & not sure of BBQs. Only ever launch & retrieve there, don't stop for a party.:P

There is a public loo across the road though.B)

Archived