Why didn't I catch anything?

Goran

Well last saturday night i decided to go fishing at newstead park after 10pm when most of the boat action has stopped. Got there around 9pm started casting got a decent amount of live bait then i got a whole heap of squid in the net also, not thinking threw them in the bucket of livies and they released black stuff everywhere. Right everything good so far live bait running in tide no boat action i was set. Sat there for around 5 hours not 1 bit or intrest..

Really thought about it today so i looked up on the net what exactly is the black stuff that squid release and aparantly its like a repelent so fish arnt attracted to them. Then it hit me! that was my problem i had the squid in the same bucket as the livies therefor they all got the black repelant on them thats why i wasnt catching fish!

Lesson learned! might come in useful for other people also.

Thanks Goran

kriso wrote:

nice where abouts in new stead did you get the squid if you dont mind me asking? any size to them?

No worries asking at all indeed it was off the pontoon there with the "no fishing" sign got over 5 cant really remember exactly ranged from probally 5 to max 10cms? just rough guess didn't measure them.

Archived