Dohles Rocks today

tomca

Bit windy today so thought I might put the boat in the Pine River today. I was fishing by 9am drifting out with the tide near DWB and the pillie was getting no interest but the plastics were copping a flogging by small stuff. Toadfish was my guess, but when I brought the 3" minnow up slowly there were little flathead going nuts on the tails. Some smaller than the plastic doing the headshakes and trying to swallow them whole.

The wind was building so I scooted up Bald Hills Creek and kept flicking in there. Picked up a couple of big flatties, both over 12cm;) and a flounder.

The water was clear as even though the tide was on the way out. When the tide turned the fish shut down so around 1 I headed back to the ramp. The wind was blasting straight out to sea and there was quite a lot of what looked like surf to me....in a 10' kevlacat. Got back to the ramp very wet and headed home.

Having my weekend during the week is tops....no queues at the ramp YAY! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/sole.jpg

Archived