Tallow Beach, Broken Head and surrounds

Sparksie

G'day

Doing an overnighter to above spots and going to camp at Suffolk Park during QLD school holidays (2nd week.)

Taking the young fella along for some beach and rock fishing.

In advance I've printed out the Bryon Bay Marine Park to give the area and zones the required recognition.

Going to also take a PFD to cover off safety on the rocks should either of us go in the drink (due respect for the ocean when out on the rocks).

By early October will there still be a few tailor about?

Taking 2 surf rods and 2 longer estuary rods. Another other gear recommendations?

Targeting the usual fish species, but I often see each fishing excursion as the chance to add to gear or refine gear used...

What's on a "fisherman's gear wish list" for above locations? ;)

Thanks

Sparksie

never been to the areas mentioned so i cant comment on what gear to take along, but sounds like you got the basic ideas. as for the wish list hehehe, new lures, new braid(need to upgrade the stuff you already have) new reel then you have to get new rod hehehe the list goes on and on mate just find excuses like "its specifically designed for this particular style, yes dear they look the same but they arent" heheheh i used that line recently to my sis so she would get me a new reel hahhaha and it works on ppl that have no idea about fishing

soooo tempted to come for a drive and go rock hopping with you mate... :woohoo:

i miss random catches off the rocky headlands in northern nsw! you never know what you'll pull up next. some catches of mine include snapper, jew, tailor, bream, groper, drummer, morwong, sweetlip, mack tuna, mackeral, dart, flathead, trevally and god knows what else. take some slugs and spin for some tailor, i like halco twisties in gold, 40 or 55g is good. if no love on the slugs, half a pillie washing around in the waves is rarely refused by a hungry anything! don't be afraid of throwing out a live whiting or tailor, please be aware of different size and bag limits down there and make sure you grab yourself an open water licence too!

Archived