Nudda NPD Whopper Sun Arvo 28Sep

Dinodadog

Started the day off feeling like I had been hit by a truck, was going fishing with Rocket this am but had to pull out. Any way about midday I was feeling better so slipped out to NPD to see what it would be like in the middle of the day and I was pleasantly suprised. 1st bass was around 35cm, the next 2 were in the low 40cm club and then along comes anudda NPD whopper 56'5cm, I thought I had a big yella to start with because of the head shakes and then when I got a look at it the smile broke out all over the face, I thought to myself this is close to a60cm. I stuffed up the photo as the fish is on the measure stick but you cant see the tail. Got some more after this but no more biggies.

All bass taken on s/baits. Also got 2 ticks before they buried in when I got home.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

56.5cm bass [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ss_001.JPG

post-1453-144598473738_thumb.jpg

Great bass Dino, that one would have given you a bit of curry !!! I can just imagine how happy you were coming face to face with that big bruiser.

Those ticks can be a problem...had to do a trip to the hospital a few weeks back. Got one that I couldn't budge. Even the doc had a hard time pulling it out. Hurt like hell. Felt like he was trying to pull my skin off with his little forceps.

Stubborn little mongrel.

We'll have to meet up for a fish soon.

P.S Have you ever noticed how really good fish seem to show up when theres no one there to take your picture holding them.

jbfishin wrote:

nice fish dino my m8 says hes got a sectret spot up there and wont let me go with him,cant blame him he got a 61cm bass there

I bet there just happens to be no pictures of said 61cm bass. I reckon there'd be less than a handful of people in Australia that have really caught a 60+. Your friend is probably exaggerating by a few cm.

I doubt it. They're most likely just little bush/scrub ticks. Annoying and itchy, but not dangerous; basically just pull them off when you find one and that's the only treatment nesessary. Sometimes you need tweezers because you've gotta be careful not to squeeze the guts from the tick into you (they can be hard to pull off sometimes)

Dino, do I really need to say anything?:silly: Great fish as always mate

Archived