logan river 27/11

rayke1938

SCOTLAND 9 australia 2.

Left home at 7 and picked up scottish rodbuilder mate.(not taking him any more as he is a awfull winner) (I am certain I am not a poor loser)

Paid $5 to launch at Carbrook and pumped yabbies near Agnerston sands and threw the cast net for a few poddy mullet in a back channel.

Strike 1 small stingray to the scot.

Strike 2 30cm whiting to the scot

Strike 3 another whiting to the scot.

Strike 4 another whiting to the scot.

Strike 5 a 28cm bream to the scot.

Strike 7 undersized bream to the scot.

At this stage I asked the scot to pass me the lifejacket that was under his seat and enquired whether he could swim.

At around 11 am I decided that we would go to the junction of the Albert and Logen and try our luck as the scot hadnt had a bite for over an hour and our livies were untouched.

Arrived at the Junction and when I positioned us over the edge of the drop off said to the scot this will do us mate ( meaning drop the pick now) he immediatly cast his line out and bugger me if he didnt immediatly pull in a ripper whiting that was 42cm long before i realised that we were not anchored.

The whiting had a large sore just behind the anal fin and bled everywhere but the scot said it was his dinner and would trim out the crook bits.

HOORAY I FINALLY CAUGHT A STINGRAY.

Strike 8 putty nozed perch to the scot.

HOORAY PUTTY NOZED PERCH TO RAY.

Strike 9 the scot says I think I have a large stick on and proceeds to pull in a legal male mudcrab.

At this stage it is 2pm and I told the scot that I wanted to be home in time to see the bold and the beautiful and that we had to go.

I gave the scot the fish and am going to have chili crab for tea tomorrow.

Would have been a really good day if I had caught all the fish but I suppose there is always tomorrow.

Caught everything on yabbies and not a touch on the livies.

Final straw was flushing my motor and when I went to turn it off it wouldnt stop. Tried pulling the safety lanyard and still kept going so had to operate choke to kill it so i will have to get fixed before the comp.

In misery

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2006/11/27 18:02

rayke1938 wrote:

pure arse and poofy pink beads above hook.

ray

Hey Ray when in Rome do what the Romans do!;)

You would look good in pink.:kiss: :sick:

Oh I thought you meant he was wearing poofy pink beads!:woohoo:

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/11/28 18:57

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/11/28 18:59

dont know what caused it didnt look like a bite as was only on one side of fish. when first landed the red blister was about 1/4 inch high and 3/4 inch in diameter and was full of blood just like a blood blister. when it burst there was a small hole under it.

If i had been more aware i should have taken more photos of the blister.

John said when he fileted it he only had to trim away about 1/4 inch of flesh and it tasted good.

ray

Archived