Nerang River 8/03/09

Beefa

A late report I know but had to head back to work for another 7day stint later that same day. Anyway stayed at the in laws place at the Isle of Capri last Saturday night which is on the Nerang River plan of attack was to get up early launch the yak and go in search of a jack and as a by catch a cod for fotm. Launched just after 5am peddled across the otherside of the river from the ramp and tied on a white stiffy barra lure as i approached a rockwall I cast it out as I hit the start of the structure and whilst the calcutta was still still in free spool line started peeling off under my thumb, so I engaged the reel set the hook and up came a nice cod of 42cm in the 1st 5mins of launching, as i lifted him into the yak he threw up a little mud crab still kicking. Peddled on and as I came along the back of the convention centre I got another cod of 39cm on the same lure, after that tide picked up and further up I went towards Lake Intrepid the fresher it got and there was alot of crap in the water which must of got washed in on the king tides.

All in all a nice little mornings session and great conditions for it too.

Cheers

Heath

The rock wall along the left handside. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/063.jpg

post-1898-144598487868_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

bogan wrote:

that little mud crab is so cute. i thought with the teeth on the cod, it would have been in pieces.

I got quite a few cod up on Saibai Island and was amazed that they were coughing up full crabs and they didn't even seem to be crushed. How does the crab not nip the hell out of the cods gut I don't know :laugh:

Nice fish though mate

• 2 weeks later...

nice catch ive got some good size jacks in that area all the way bak to the canal entrance with the small bridge best lure is the prawn star without fail cod r like bream on that wall caught an released fish over 600mm ur on to a good spot there nice cod u got ,,,, maccatuna

Archived