Four Beacons location?

Go0LiE

Hi all,

My friends getting himself a boat and will be ready to be picked up brand new on monday. Its a boat from Yamaha, Goodna and its a 60 hp 4.5mtr. Dont know anyother details since i havent seen it yet but hope its good enough.

My question is:

1stly, Will it actually be enough to go from port of brisbane 2 the place where the four beacons are?

secondly, can anybody here show me a map of the 4 beacons? Ive been there once before but that was over 6 months ago and i cant remember the way. That day was real good since we caught over 20 decent size taylor by using a small hook with a floaty. Also caught was a big mackeral and half a dozen salmons. (Actually thought it was the biggest size catfish ever) :blush: , It was one of the best times fishing and i just want to get back there again if i can get a map or gps location or something like that. I dont think he has a GPS yet but i can surely get one since i think i dont want to get lost out there.

Any help would be appreciatted and I hope after he gets the boat in the morning he'll bring me out fishing and give the boat a good workout like what the sales person advise him to do to warm up his engine before taking it hardcore.

Hope to get a reply. thanx

Justin (Go0LiE)

Dunno where it is myself Goolie, but a good \"boatwarming\" present for your mate would be the \"Beacon to Beacon\" which is a waterproof book with maps of the bay and local rivers, and lots of good fishing and boating advice. I think they go for around $30 these days, it would have that location and much much more in it.

Has your mate got his licence yet? most of the places that do the course sell the beacon to beacon.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/02/25 05:34

he had his license about a month ago. hes been waiting and being very picky on the boat since its something you would have to enjoy and not regret buying. 18gs total for the boat. wish i had that amount of cast. i would be out fishing every single day since im not working atm. :P

The beacons are more than 12 metres deep. Up to 34m in some places. Your mates boat might be a little to small to go out on any day rougher than 15 knots but when we finally gt a good day of no wind, you can just basically head out from the mouth of the brisbane river to moreton and when you get loss enough, you will see a cluster of four beacons. or you can follow a freighter out to the beacons.

Archived