Carrot sticks

Anhie

i recently heard that the bloke who had a fair bit to do with the development of the line of rods {some pro from the states i believe} wont have anything to do with the rods or the company anymore,apparently once the rods started to become popular in the US they started useing inferior materials and components,but thats just what i heard from a reliable source,

having said that if you can get your hands on one of the early models,from all reports they are a very good rod,i especially like the idea of an adjustable weight in the butt so you can perfectly balance the out fit,bloody good idea

i wouldnt touch em with a ten foot pole(carrot stix). my buddy had 6 of them hes a bass fisho. snapped 4 of them on the hookset and has yet to recieve his warranty replacement for 2 of them. and this is 2 months ago. hes fishing shimano cumaras strictly now. also in response to the upper comment. we have been using adjustable weights here in the states for quite awhile now. it does help heaps. more sensitivity on the tip and better balance. and its adjustable to the anglers comfort. but they sell the rods without the weights. and its another 12 dollars for the weights. also ive had one weight system break on me but epoxy fixed that issue. and my bass pro extreme rod was tip heavy it was more weight forward so i had to buy the balance system. no big deal but when you buy a rod for its light weight but you have to add weight to balance it then it basically defeats the purpose. try looking at the abu garcia vendetta rods. held it in my hands and they are light for their rating. cant wait for the 2010 model.

Archived