Sign in to follow this  
Nog

Flyfishing a tiny Otway stream

Just back from a three week road trip to Vic with the family. I was given one full day leave pass so I hooked up with a fellow fly fisher from Geelong and we headed to a headwater stream in the Otways in western Vic. After two and half hours of driving we arrived, geared up, and walked down the well made track. "We get off here", Stephen informed me. I was in shorts as we were wet wading the stream. Then we came across this.

[img size=600Please login or register to see this link.

About 40m of blackberry Please login or register to see this image. /emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="//content.invisioncic.com/r264089/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

Until we finally got to this

And caught a few of these

Magic little place, the trout are small but the scenery is spectacular

Cheers

Norm

Lovely spot, Nog. I envy you cos I fished that area 50 odd years ago on fly and the browns were much the same size then.

Glad for you that you got into them. Great fun on a 4/5 wt nymphing or emergers. Pics are beautiful as is the area. Tight Lines.Ian M :cheer:

Enjoyed the report and pictures, nice work bro Please login or register to see this image. /emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="//content.invisioncic.com/r264089/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">

Cheers

Darren

Please login or register to see this quote.

Ian, all on dries, Humpys and Wulffs. Would have caught alot more on nymphs but I'm keen on sight-casting to fish. I did tie on a nymph under a dry to fish I saw that refused my dry, and it took it but I struck too soon as my mate went "GOT HIM"....

went back to dry after that...

Please login or register to see this quote.

No Please login or register to see this image. /emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="//content.invisioncic.com/r264089/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">Please login or register to see this image. /emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="//content.invisioncic.com/r264089/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">Please login or register to see this image. /emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="//content.invisioncic.com/r264089/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20">