Fish I'd plz

bulldogs195461

Where was it caught?

I have seen stocked bass with deformities making them look a little EP'ish so a location would go a massive way to ID.

For example if it was North Pine Dam... Bass.

Somewhere further south? Ill wait for the experts as I have no idea the EP's range.

Angus

Estuary Perch for sure.. also known as a EP..

From another forum..

'

Main noticeable difference between the two species are the mouth and forehead.The Estuary perch has a much more 'sloped'or 'scooped' forehead and most definetly a bigger mouth.

Estuary perch spend the majority of their lives in brackish waters with the exception being winter time where they move down to the salt to breed (same as Bass) or in times of flood.

I encountered Estuary Perch way up in the upper reaches of Sydney Harbour in brackish water and if I walked two hundred metres more I would encounter wild bass.'

Salt or fresh waster as well would help if it was caught in a river but because of the shape of the head im going for an ep

Some info + pics

Australian bass (Macquaria novemaculeata)

Often confused with Estuary perch; the body of Australian bass is not as deep, is usually less glossy and has darker marking on the sides. The anal and pelvic fins have white tips, and the rear part of the pelvic fin has a white margin.

Bass

post-11780-144598976906_thumb.jpg

Perch

post-11780-144598976913_thumb.jpg

Louis

:)

g day guys thanks all,i caught it at ballina near the boat harbour on a pumpkinseed powerbait sp,sorry for slow responce i struggled on my s4 to reply now im on home computer much easier.ithought it was a bream but it looked to dark plus a little different in shape.are they good eating and whats legal size plz thks all.

Archived