Dc To Dc Charger For Minn Kota?

MarkA

Anyone got any experience with using DC to DC chargers to charge their 24V trolling motors.

I'm getting a new rig towards the middle of the year that will be getting dry stored and will be difficult to hook up to a charger and I am looking to these chargers as a possible solution.

I'm getting the new rig to do a bit more exploring further afield and expect ill be doing longer runs approx 1hr each way and much more minimal electric usage than I do now.

Boat will be powered by a 140 suzi.

Anyone given this a crack?

I just sold my boat that had an onboard charger for a 24v Minnkota. It was on the boat when I bought it. Was very good however it did not keep the batteries fully charged if you used the elect motor for most of the day. 

What I did was use a 24v Ctec Mxt 14 amp charger that I topped up when I got home to be sure each time I went out both batteries were fully charged. Not allowing them to sit uncharged they will last a lot longer. 

These chargers are $400+ to buy new. I guess I no longer require mine since the new boat I bought is to big for an electric motor.

If you want it I'll sell it $250 cash it is in perfect condition and has the Box. 

IMG_3069.thumb.JPG.75a053cfdf9a1a24a797032857998e60.JPGIMG_3070.thumb.JPG.cbdc4821fb29e94f3d0720c1d118738b.JPG

I have the MXT14 as well, i cut the clips of and replaced with Anderson plug ($250 great price). dc-dc will only be 12v, and with start battery, house battery and 2 for the minn kota i don't think you will get enough charge to make it worth while. 

Hmmm looks like only a partial solution.

I currently have a Ctek MXT14 also that I use at home, I guess I'll have to talk to the marina and see how I can go about charging the batteries on AC.

This is the DC to DC charger I was looking at....

https://www.keoghsmarine.com.au/Sterling-BBW1224-12Volt- DC-to-24Volt-DC-On-Board-Waterproof-Battery-Charger-Charge-your-Electric-Bow-Mount-Trolling-Motor-Minkota-Motorguide-24V-Battery-Whilst-the-Engine-is-Running

What make/model did you have Luvit?

Archived