Prfma Survey Day 1and 2

rayke1938

Was a bit quieter than previous years but 3 of us managed 120 odd bass between us with me being the low scorer with only 31. My best bass was only 44cm and 4 others over 40cm most of bass were around 35cm. When we found some bass on the sounder I set the spot lock on the kota and we did not move. Will have more details after tomorrows session as rick has all the data.
Cheers
Ray

With a hot day and a fair bit of wind forecast I decided to head back to where we caught fish yesterday, In retrospect it was the wrong decision as the wind did not get up and it was not hot as expected,

We only caught 80 odd fish with Jim scoring the sole tandan and Robbie getting a nice plate sized yella that swallowed the hook so he took it home for a feed.

Over the 2 days we caught,measured fork and tail length,weighed and tagged over 200 bass and the results obtained will allow the PRFMA and SEQ water to monitor the health and growth rate of the fish and assist in the overall management of the fishery.

It was a broken rod day with Robbie and Jim both breaking the tip off their rod.

A plus for next year is that instead of it being 2 consecutive days it looks like it will be 2 single days held in different months. This will make it easier on old farts like me as I am buggered after 2 days of 2.30 am rises to go fishing.

Also should make it easier for people who work to scrounge a single day off.

Cheers

Ray

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG