live bait aerators

jeff f

woo hoo minnomisers are back in production and being imported into australia again

these things are the best portable aeration system ever made they run on 6 or 12 volts

they dont blow bubbles they suck up the water and chill it and spray it out so fine you cant see it

they are really well made i had my last one for 10 years

i have kept a dozen herring alive in a 20 liter bucket

for 16 hours with out a water change

highly recomended

http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=catalogue&category_id=425

• 2 months later...

well mate heres my opinion, i bought one of those cheap aerators from bcf and they are crap for live bait- the bubbles it produces are to big to dissipate into the water therefore they float to the top and create a bubble layer and my live bait died in about 1/2 hour, so i bought one of those 'keep alive air infusors' and a large clear tub and works perfect and they wont die except for starvation :)

Looks like an interesting contraption. Hope it gives the desired result for $90.

I use one of those bilge pump areators but made my own spray bar from electrical conduit. It pumps vertically to the top of my esky and then across a horizontal tube secured to top of esky wit small holes drilled in it. Sprays water jets down into the pool and keeps fish going all day without changing water.

bootyinblue wrote:

Looks like an interesting contraption. Hope it gives the desired result for $90.

I use one of those bilge pump areators but made my own spray bar from electrical conduit. It pumps vertically to the top of my esky and then across a horizontal tube secured to top of esky wit small holes drilled in it. Sprays water jets down into the pool and keeps fish going all day without changing water.

me too mate...worked out to be about $50 all up..i used the quik-flow fittings however so mine was more expensive than just normal hose clamps style stuff

gonefishin wrote:

well mate heres my opinion, i bought one of those cheap aerators from bcf and they are crap for live bait- the bubbles it produces are to big to dissipate into the water therefore they float to the top and create a bubble layer and my live bait died in about 1/2 hour, so i bought one of those 'keep alive air infusors' and a large clear tub and works perfect and they wont die except for starvation :)

Thanks for the info, I was contemplating buying one of the BCF cheapo's.

Archived