Yak tackle stowage

Kcameron

For a Nemo your options are a little limited. However a back pack with lure holders in it is prob ideal.

Also id keep a smaller lure box just in between you legs.

I think a lot of (me massively included) take far more than they need.

If I pack 30 lures I always end up using 2 or 3 only (snags pending!!).

So i have a smaller number readily accessible with a larger store available at hand even if you need to pull over on a bank etc to get them out.

Cheers.

Angus

I use one of those shoulder bags (like your missus big handbag) where the strap can clip on and off. I stick it in the rear well, but having first undone one of the clips, which I clip to the rope next to me. When I want it I just pull it in. Then I toss it over my shoulder when done. Could easily do the same with an open front well.

Has the added advantage of not being able to lose it if the yak goes over!

Everything valuable that's not water proof goes in those new glad press seal sandwich bags.

Only tools I use are Xtools pliers ( so they float),so them and my GPS ( which floats and is water proof), gets tossed on the deck between my knees. A Pair of braid scissors around my neck on a lanyard rounds it out.

I agree with everything above.

All I can add is for storage of live bait I have a 100mm pipe, capped at both ends with a vent and holes drilled all the way along and around it. It has a sliding lid to access the livies and a pool noodle to float it subsurface. It is attached by a short rope to the yak and gets towed around while paddling.

Archived