Bovine blood or like wise

Gazza

It was suggested to me that we get some blood from abatoers / slaughter houses to add to a chum mix ;)for sharks :woohoo:

We used to get it down south from a mate but it was highly illegal :P to use if you got caught you'd get skun and dried by the powers to be :( but we had no where near if any boat traffic like it is up here)

what are the rules up here :blink: is it ok to use or strictly taboo like in the southern states ??

HEHEHE we could make a burley slick using it in a 20nt wind :silly: when chasing Mako's and Bronzies so please tell me it's ok :woohoo:

:woohoo: or not:(

Gaz

i mainly fish at kookaburra park and there is alot of parents towing their kids behind their ski boats , so i choose not to get a big berly happening , just a little chopped up pilchard every now and then ,so as not to trigger a shark frenzy in a section of river filled with kids swimming, As for the bay or ocean you can get far enough away from people that you can burley as much as you want!! So yes to bay ocean No to rivers where people swim..

wesfish wrote:

i mainly fish at kookaburra park and there is alot of parents towing their kids behind their ski boats , so i choose not to get a big berly happening , just a little chopped up pilchard every now and then ,so as not to trigger a shark frenzy in a section of river filled with kids swimming, As for the bay or ocean you can get far enough away from people that you can burley as much as you want!! So yes to bay ocean No to rivers where people swim..

Mate wouldn't do it close to ppl ;) even so the thought of water lice as livies still still sounds good lol

did have a few skeg heads paddle out to a remote point we had been burleying for over an hour and tried to warn them about the slick they were siting in was not a good idea ! We were not very politely told we don't own the ocean (very true) but apon explanation of what we were doing jet ski's would not come close to the speed these guys paddled back to shore :P

:woohoo: :woohoo:

That was in open waters (Bass straight)though

Like I said not close to other ppl

Gaz

still don't answer my question is it legal to use land based animal blood ???

Gaz

I actually work at the Dinmore meatworks and I can promise you that it would be very heavily frowned upon up here in Qld (ie I wouldn't want to be you if caught:unsure:

I've been told by plenty of old timers at the plant that in the old days when the abbatoir water/waste and effluent etc was pumped into the Bremer (no treatment), the fishing, especially sharks, was absolutely awesome. :fishing:

Now days any water that actually makes it back into the river is cleaner than river water anyway.

Plenty of other stories from old timers too, certainly a very colourful place to have worked throughout time:blink:

Archived