Jacobs Well

Nitris

Went down to jacobs well this morning to give those canals a go, amonst other things... got there just on sunup arround 4am.. boat in and down to the canals. Ok lots of randome bustups and can c that the trev's are here... Jason had one attack his soft plastic and then it had a crack at my poper.. no hookup's.. Saw a decent sized fish surge through the water very finny, dont know what it was? trolled some sx 40's through the canals and not even a hitup.. No security gard to be seen at all either..

stuff it.. went and got some livies and went to the powerlines not too far away. Did some drifts there caught a small hammer head, jason got that on live herring. i had a full mullet about 30cm out on shark rod 2 meters of wire trace and 2 hooks and a sinker to get it to the bottom.. But nothing bigger..

went down fishermans channal and jase put out anothe livie while i decided to throw some sp's.. ok bang i got a flattie went 41cm.. then Jason got a cod 35cm on the herring.. he changed to sp's as well and caught a small flattie arround 10cm. There was heaps of bream hits but no hookups of them.

decided to go home after that .. back to the ramp at 1225pm.

apart from the rain that came and went through out the morning i had a great time. B)

[img size=150]dsc03050nx3.jpg

w800.png

[img size=150]dsc03054rt9.jpg

w600.png

[img size=150]dsc03058sa8.jpg

w800.png

[img size=150]dsc03062vo3.jpg

w800.png

Bust with fins were most likely trevs. We saw quite a few like that fins right out of the water when we were there last weekend. Could not tempt them though and they were not actually busting up annoyingly.

The trick with the cod is to cast or troll quite closer into the rocks. They can be in pretty shallow water.

Nice work on the little hammer. Cool fish.

Angus

When i saw the fins it was not a bust up as such but a surge.. id say.. more like what i have seen salmon do up here in brissy river.. at first i thought it was a salmon, vey distinctive dorsal and tail fin. But i guess it could have been a big ass tarpon.

The hammer head was to get a good look at.. another fella back at the boat ramp said that he caught 3 of them..

planetfonz wrote:

did u keep the shark and can i have some?

good chance you'd have caught more if your ginger lucky charm was there .. unfortunately there was golf to be had this morn!

Man i would not miss out on fishing for golf anytime.. but then again i suck at golf. and i didnt keep the shark.. but it would have been tasty.

Angus wrote:

Bust with fins were most likely trevs. We saw quite a few like that fins right out of the water when we were there last weekend. Could not tempt them though and they were not actually busting up annoyingly.

The trick with the cod is to cast or troll quite closer into the rocks. They can be in pretty shallow water.

Nice work on the little hammer. Cool fish.

Angus

Sure they were trevs?

Tarpon are in there, and you can also see their tails dancing around above surface sometimes. They can be finnicky about what lures they hit but.

Archived