fishing in cleveland??

chippy

I fish both the canal entrances at Raby Bay pretty regularly for good results. Winter time is probably best as u get a good run of tailor in there on the high tide. Have caught big bream, monster catfish and the squire in my profile photo came out of there as well. It has good land based spots and most of the time I just float a gang hook pilly out there but if u use livies I reckon u would get all sorts of beasties.

mmm...monster catfish...sounds like fun...you reckon its safe to eat what u catch?? i've heard stories of garbage being dumped into the canals by restaurants and pubs, dunno if thats true, hey? anywho, thanks for the tip fellas, will be looking forward to some decent fishing.

• 2 months later...

It's the only spot i used to go to with my limited experience and still managed to cath a 60cm flat head a 90cm shovel nose and a nice 46cm emperor of all things and i no nothing about fishing i just used a size 1 o hook with mullet strip for bait, im pretty sure it was just arse though as not a talented fisher for sure

Archived