reclaimed land @ bris river mouth

Smiderman

half or full pillies on a 2/0 or 3/0 snell rig with 20lb mono leader, no sinker in water 3 mtrs or shallower , just drift your baits just out from the wall, and make sure you throw one out wide, i usually anchor up and get a small berley trail happening, just about any of the wall will work even if its only 1.5 mtrs deep , if the sea gulls get ur bait put the lightest sinker on, i fish the entire stretch on the river side

I was thinking of heading out there on Sunday morning in my Kayak if the weather permits.

Was going to float some livies along the wall.

Is this a nuts plan in a kayak?!?

Where should i launch from?

Does anyone want to join me?!

Cheers

Sax

uglyfish wrote:

has there been much caught of late wesfish?
my mate has got a couple of nice squire and cod in the last week, SAX i would put in at fishemans island ramp and paddle around or over near the poo shoot and cross the river there in a yak, it would be good if you could put in at the docks then its just a short paddle, make sure the wind is e se or sw for the protection along the wall any thing northerly and it gets choppy..

Good luck, I've just been down the caboolture river and the wind is a sh\ocker, even with wind with tide there are 2 foot whitecaps (in the river!)

Took me half an hour to paddle to the first nav marker going against both. Literally coming back I just dropped the paddle in the water near the arse of the yak and steered home ! Took less than 5 minutes to get back to the ramp with wind and tide on my back.

Tides changing now, reckon its going to be like a washing machine shortly!

Archived