Noosaville Jack Landbased

stewie

Guys,

Belated and first report for me on AFO (so be kind).

Went to Noosaville for the Aussie Day long w'end. Plan was to fish each morning between day break and around 7am to get back in time for the kids wake-up. Found a canal that fed the Noosa River. Walked both sides on around high-tide. Fished either parallel to the canal sides (mostly rock) and the occasional flick into pylon areas.

Each morning got over 10 cod. Most under legal. At times I was flicking the plastics like a popper over the shallow rocks and they would hit on the surface. All good fun. On the Sat morning I also had a run that I assumed was a large cod but couldn't turn it on my 2kg line.

Sun morning (after a Sat night wedding reception which I stopped drinking at to plan the next morning's fish) did the same plan. At my starting point, just near the Noosa River Boat Club, got hit on my second cast. Thought it was bigger and assumed a big cod or lizard, but was stoked when I saw red. Had all sorts of embarassing moments trying to land it, but managed to bag it. It went around 40cm.

All fish were caught on the Gulp shrimp (natural colour, 3").

Just as a footnote. A guy came out of his house on one of the mornings and picked up a crab pot and it had at least 2 good cod and another Jack in it. I couldn't tell the size, but he took all home, so I assume legal.

Stewie. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCF0033_AFO.jpg

post-1509-144598485355_thumb.jpg

Archived