north pine

Dazzamcgee

Around from the wall to the bay near the gate entrance there is a lot of rocks, but there is some really deep holes as well (particularly near the wall, this seems to be the most prolifc area that I have found for yellas and a lot of bass get caught as well, it can be a bit snaggy but they say thats the best spots to find natives

hey when u say worm do u mean the good old garden worm or some other type of worm?? sounds silly but i havent fished freshwater before so its all new.i have hooked up with a bass in the upper section of a small creek(saltwater).im guessing it was around the 3kg mark as i saw it in the water fighting for its life and silly me not going to give up my first bass to ezy kept the weight on it till we departed, it went one way and i fell flat on me butt...it didnt snap me off just pulled the hooks out....bugger a fish of a life time..cheers Dazz

dazzamcgee wrote:

Checked out north pine dam at mcgavin view today and would like to know what types of lures work well there and whats the bottom of the dam like?? any help?? cheers Dazz

G'day Dazza, I fish North Pine a fair bit and if you're looking for some bass action any of the shallow/medium diving 7-10g Kokoda lures work well here. The dam wall is absolutely the best spot, I like to start there and work my way around the mouth of the cove and back as it's got some good holes and great drop-offs in that area. Most of my hookups in the last 4 or 5 trips have been within 50m of the wall. Beware the rocky bottom though!! There are a couple of really bad snaggy areas about 80m from the wall. If you're going after dark use worms or live shrimp (caught from the dam) under a float, although small catfish in numbers when the moons up. Happy angling!:)

Keep an eye out for Ando, Timbo and Blue_mako's report from today. Should be up tonight. Without spoiling their success, lets just say they did amazingly well!!!

Troy does seriously detailed reports as well so most likely you will get a complete run down on the gear.

regards.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Archived