We got Hobies!

tacklebox

Thats me in the photo the one that looks like he needs to do much more exercise before he gets into a kayak. Anyway, I'm very excited about the new craft and can't wait for kayak camps and joining other yakkers on the water - I'll be the one bringing up the rear.

The good news is that my Yak is much prettier than tBox's :woohoo:

What did you get in the way of extras?

When Clawhammer got his outback (same yellow as yours) I think he just got everything in the options catalogue, sails, trolley, different seat, turbo fins, bigger rudder, I think the drinkholders were standard though!

superstryda: PM sent.

psblake: we've been drooling over these yaks for a year now and have finally bitten the bullet. can't be happier!

Rocket: took them for a spin in the Noosa river today and almost caught a fish :blush:

Feral: we both got trolleys but decided to try the yaks as is for a while to find out what we really need. other than that we got PFDs, heavy duty chains and locks (we live in an apartment with communal garage), rod leashes, waterproof case, a celebratory lure each... this yakkin stuff is expensive!

Feral: oh well. instead of dams how about offshore chasing pelagics? Lol.

Maybe not. (Although I'd be up for it!)

Congratulations on the purchase.

Just don't snap the paddles like I did on Sunday... for those that will ask how I did it, I was in a STRONG current and went to start off moving again, went to paddle with the right (hard of course) and.. snap! ah.. f***. good thing I have the mirage in the front storage area.. Lol

eCat: With my form it has been suggested that I just bolt the rod to the hull and enjoy the scenery and tBox catching all the fish

wWolf: Everyone knows that white (dune) yaks look like dying baby whales from a sharks perspective. Mind you small yellow ones look like dessert! :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TerryH: Just to repeat - thats me (the fat guy) in the photo above - I can only dream of going offshore at the moment, but dream I will. BTW thats some extreme paddling to snap your paddle, I'm definately too fat to go yakking with you... yet.

NAMES: That's what we need now, a delicate sweet and heroic name for the beautiful papaya (read Pawpaw) yak, and something for 'dusty' the dune coloured yak

kreel wrote:

wWolf: Everyone knows that white (dune) yaks look like dying baby whales from a sharks perspective. Mind you small yellow ones look like dessert! :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nah they will be too full dining on the barge-sized hobie main course:P

Nice.... congrats on the purchase of them!

Dont worry Rocket, you and me and boats for ever (pounding my chest). Oh thats right I bought a yak 12 months ago and used it once so far.

If you were looking for a AFO day on Wivenhoe then I could probably organise a day at Hays Landing/Billies Bay. I am sure there are a few members of the sailing club on here already with keys, but I can be convinced to come out for the day and try fresh water fishing from a yak!

Archived