Labour wins 2009

reelchippy

yes I must say there are some very happy people in Brisbane tonight.

I guess the Liberal party did not realise that a threat to cut jobs and infastructure spending just was not a real policy.

I heard that the Borg guy turned up to the Tinney show too with a few loose promises of fixing everything in Moreton Bay with a wave of his hand, don't know why?

dave

Personally I think the election result was a good one. I dont think the springboard had the policies or leadership to take us anywhere, and the loss of seats has sent a warning shot across Captain Bligh's bow.

This was never going to be an election for who you wanted. This was an election to keep out the one that you mistrusted the most.

It will be interesting to see how she manages the state during the tough times... We're all winners while the going is good.

Historically the current / incumbent governments (state & federally) have been epic failures when it comes to making money.

I guess it a mater of wait and see. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Dredging projects are now on hold

Green zones are here to stay

Debt grows

Marine industry is still rated as a 2nd class citizen

QLD boating industry is very vulnerable with no life line

A win for who? Certianly not SEQ.

But in saying that I was more impressed with Borg’s surrender speech then his campaign approach. Just saying the other party is stuffed is not a solid foundation for future growth.

Last comment: Go away Greenies, please just go away and take your stupid ideas with you.

hairyweasel wrote:

Personally I think the election result was a good one. I dont think the springboard had the policies or leadership to take us anywhere, and the loss of seats has sent a warning shot across Captain Bligh's bow.

This was never going to be an election for who you wanted. This was an election to keep out the one that you mistrusted the most.

Yep. But it still didn't work.

Same promises from the ALP we've heard for the last 3 elections. Why do we have to hear the same promises if they delivered on their promises in the first place.

The only promise that was kept was the one to the Greens.

I think the best result out of it, is that every seat near the Mary River is now held by anti-dam councilor. If that's not a wake up call to exactly how Queenslander's feel about Traveston then I don't know what is. In better news Ted Sorenson, former mayor of Hervey Bay, ousted Mr. McNamara, a well reknowned supporter of netters and pro-fisherman in the Sandy Straits area. With his background in Hervey Bay, hopefully Ted Sorenson will understand that places like the Sandy Straits mean more to the thousands of retirees, local holiday makers and recreational fishermen, than the handful of pros that plunder it on a daily basis.

Archived