Awoonga - 2007

Brian D

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey just for the record - Yes there is a comp on, there is allways a comp full moon October. Last year over 500 were caught and released.

The week after the full moon the fish go deep.

Feral - It has allways been that Alex is NC - he's a minor so I factored his cost into the average cost. Just tell him to keep the the gaff away from my head. :ohmy:

I got the Jack lures ready.

About payment - I will cover things until we get there then- just make sure you don't pull out and stick me with the bill.

Cheers

Brian D wrote:

Costing is as follows based on 6 nights

I better do that again cause it is wrong.

Sorry I forgot about the 2nd cabin charge.

Woops stuffed it again, so I rang the park to get firm $$$$.

Not long now

Sorry about that (another accountant who can't count).

Here it is like it or not $35 per head per night, flat rate. :P

This is slightly over but I could not be stuffed playing with $1.25 and spare change. If there is any money let over it will go to AFO.

Would everyone agree to a $5 booking fee and then we donate the$$$ to the site?

So for the 3 nights it's $110

and for the 6 nights it's $215 each.

Flat rate.

It is still very cheap, (to chaep, that's why I got confused):blush: :blink:

Feral- Alex the Gaff Boy is still NC - Not because you are unwilling to pay but because that is the way it is:P If you don't like it then re-do the sums yourself :woohoo: (Mate we appreciate you efforts with the site and this way it is pennies for many but saves pounds for one).;) My call - any agruments!:angry:

Brian D wrote:

Brian D wrote:
Costing is as follows based on 6 nights

I better do that again cause it is wrong.

Sorry I forgot about the 2nd cabin charge.

Woops stuffed it again, so I rang the park to get firm $$$$.

Not long now

Sorry about that (another accountant who can't count).

Here it is like it or not $35 per head per night, flat rate. :P

This is slightly over but I could not be stuffed playing with $1.25 and spare change. If there is any money let over it will go to AFO.

Would everyone agree to a $5 booking fee and then we donate the$$$ to the site?

So for the 3 nights it's $110

and for the 6 nights it's $215 each.

Flat rate.

It is still very cheap, (to chaep, that's why I got confused):blush: :blink:

Feral- Alex the Gaff Boy is still NC - Not because you are unwilling to pay but because that is the way it is:P If you don't like it then re-do the sums yourself :woohoo: (Mate we appreciate you efforts with the site and this way it is pennies for many but saves pounds for one).;) My call - any agruments!:angry:

Bump sorry guys :blush:

Feral wrote:

No Arguments Brian, might change your tune after he has been asking you \"why\" for three days solid! Or even worse, has caught the biggest fish. Humility is not one of his best known traits!

Ha Feral he's in your boat not mine, then you can move him to Rays boat. And it's OK if he catches a bigger fish then you, in fact we expect it:P but as long as he doesn't catch a bigger one then me.:woohoo:

If he gets too painfull we could tie him to the yaks, that way he can act as a drag shut for when the barra tow the yaks around the lake for 2 days.

On that: you yaks make sure youtake a cut lunch cause it's gonna take you all day to land the things.:laugh: :laugh:

Feral: You can go instore and become a member.

If you wanted, I could pick up some lip grips next time I'm in there. Speaking of lip grips, can't wait to get a nice barra on the end of my new BogaGrips ;)

What sort of leaders do you guys recommend? mono twisted n doubled? I was considering just a bimini twist to create a double then tie that to the lure..

I use the bimini's in shark fishing. The only problem is, if the line does snap due to too much drag, the line could snap anywhere from your reel to the trace.

The only problem is deciding which knots to use to join the mono/fluro and braid together! Although, I think the Geoff Wilson's knot book has an answer to that one as well - no doubt some bimini join

TerryH wrote:

Feral:

What sort of leaders do you guys recommend? mono twisted n doubled? I was considering just a bimini twist to create a double then tie that to the lure..

I say Fluro twisted n doubled and use a catspaw to connect the bimini and the twisted leader.

Don't twist your leader too tight, allow a bit of stretch.

That spot is the kiosk area near the wall Lee, probably less than 1k paddle from there to prime trolling area between the yellow markers on the old river bed.

Went through my tackle box, checking out the quality of my hooks and rings.

Stuff it! am going to upgrade the lot except for the Hyper Vipers (I can whinge at Schultzy if they fail :P, he reckons they are up for it! ).

Its going to cost me $60 or $70 bucks but after loosing one big un last year to a snag, I dont want to loose another to poor gear!

I hear you feral, me too. Best patr is I don't have to buy much this year, still got it from last year. Oh except them new Vipers.

I posted this before but it got lost. About the Bimini loops - it looks like you'll be learning something new Feral between catching big barra and taking photos of my barra.

The Bimini takes about 20 secs to tie and only about 5 mins to learn, it's easy. It would be nice to actualy teach you something for a change.;)

Boy have you opened a can of worms!

Ray and Brian had 20 something trays each last year! have a look in the old Awoonga thread, there was lots of photo's of the average output of Halco for a week!

I think I did not even use a lure last year, all soft plastics. I had only just started lure fishing then.

I think I have about 5 trays of Awoonga size lures for this year.

Archived