Awoonga - 2007

Brian D

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troy, we are doing that next month at Lenthalls!

Awoonga is, well, Awoonga!

Brian, probably has to be before 1st November, which is when closed season starts. Allow Ray and anyone else wanting to take fish home to keep more Barra for their freezer!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/01/10 19:50

Troy - you are right about trying other dams and I intend too - I will try to keep up with Ray but I know that will be impossable.:ohmy:

It's not hard to shoot off to another dam from awoonga like we did last time.;)

Like Feral says Awoonga is Awoonga - and I have some unfinished businees there. :angry:

Fera the first week in Oct is out for me too - wedding anniversary - so 3rd week in Oct is good for me.:cheer:

Feral wrote:

13 to 21 - I'll pencil that in then!

She who must be obeyed hates it when I plan a year ahead :evil:

Rally calendar is released today, so that will be about 7 more weekends throughout the year marked off :woohoo:<br><br>Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/01/11 06:17

I'll ring and see about availabliity at the new cabins.

Booked the cabins changed. 22nd Oct to 28 Oct 2007

I have confirmed at least 1 cabin for myself, however at this stage there are 6 berth and 4 berth cabins available. I am happy to move, share or whatever, so if you want to come, get organized.

If you would prefer you can camp at the caravan bark very cheap.

I'll have room for a deckie in my boat so don't let the no boat bother you.

The direct phone to cabins is 07 4975 0033 if you want to make your own booking. Lyn will sort you out.

Awoonga Barra - I had the my last fillet from the last trip BBQ'd on weekend. It tasted OK but the fishing memories where flooding back - un finished business.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/15 14:52

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/16 12:57

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/16 12:59

Dates are good for me Brian, git a car rally on the 13th, so 15th gives me the 14th to pack etc. I think Ferg is interested, I reckon Ray would never knock back Awoonga.

I'd be happy to berth in with ya! probably Ferg as well. Dunno what the go with boats will be, but we will bring two, just dunno who's.

Well sorry but I have to change the dates - I got my meeting schedule for 2007 last night and every week in the teens is taken with finance,GM , Management and Chairman meetings. :angry: :sick: :pinch: wankers,don't they know how important fishing is:silly:

Anyway I rang the cabins again this morning and booked 2 cabins from 22nd Oct to 28th October. That will be better anyway cause it's closer to the full moon.

So if you want to tag along and get some metre plus Barra get in early.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/16 07:41

Yeah - we can sort something out and I always got the cannon ball that can come along, and that seats 4 easy. THe Cruize Craft is best with 2 or 3 .But between me, Ray and Feral we could come with enough boat seats.

If you count Rays fleet we would have enough for the whole site.:woohoo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've put the word out to a couple of mates who wanted to go last year but had other commitments, I'll let you know.

I'd reckon at this stage go with the 2 cabins, even if it ends up just the 6 of us, (theoretically could fit into 1, but to squeezy). A few more should fit ok.

Are you ok to cover the deposits? I am happy to get some loot to you otherwise.

Brian D wrote:

Brian D wrote:
2 Cabins Booked

22nd Oct to 28th Oct 2007

If you want to attend contact by PM or leave a note on the thread.<br><br>Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/16 13:14

I contacted the Cbins again today and I am happy to report the 2 cabins are still ours.

Cabin 1 is 2 x double beds plus single (I got one double) plus mattress if needed.

Cabin 2 is 2 x Double beds, 2 Bunks plus mattress if we need.

They didn't want a deposit until September.

Lyn form the Cabins just phoned me to confirm numbers and pricing again.

She agreed to charge flat rate so it easy to share price around, so here is the cost.

$160 per night for both cabins plus $18 per every other person. So if there are 7 people we pay for 5 x $18 plus $160.

That's $35.71 per night per person for 7 people.

Here's a few other scenarios.

6 people $38.67 per night

8 people $33.50 per night

I have asked for another cabin if one becomes available.

Persons Confirmed

Brian D

Feral

Ferg

Ray

Graham

Alex (maybe)

There is still a couple of spots in our cabins and boats if anybody wants them plus other spots in other parks and cabins.:)

Don't leave it too long as the place books out early.B)

PS: they are talking 135cm Barra this year - that about 65lb.

:woohoo:

Re:Awoonga - 2007 -

$160 per night for both cabins plus $18 per every other person. So if there are 7 people we pay for 5 x $18 plus $160.

Here's a few other scenarios.

7 People $35.71 per night

6 people $38.67 per night

8 people $33.50 per night

I have asked for another cabin if one becomes available.

Persons Confirmed

Brian D

Feral & Alex (NC as long as he doesn't stick the gaff in me)

Ferg

Ray

Graham

Jamie (Polphonic)

Scott

That’s all that will fit into the cabins but there are still spots at other parks (near by) and in boats.

Here is the contact for Lake Awoonga Caravan and Camping Ground.

(07) 4975 0155 if anyone wants it. They have permanent tents already erected, cabins, camping areas and caravan sites. If anyone wants to borrow a tent, it can be arranged; however the permanent tents are pretty good and cheap.

Don't leave it too long as the place books out early.

PS: they are talking 135cm Barra this year – that’s about 65lb.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/04/05 22:25

Hope you can make it Terry. I have no problem in towing your yak (or any others) to the back country. I know people say it’s too big for yaks but there are spots that are just perfect.

The methods I intend to employ are a mix of \"certain hook ups\", the \"should hook up\" method, the \"here's hoping\" method and the \"not a bloody chance\" method.

In other words: trolling in the dark, flicking suspending lures dawn and dust, casting deep divers and plastics during the day, and finally using the stubby on the deck method for not a bloody chance method.

Hope you yak guys get your act together but don’t leave it too long.

Yaks would be fine any weather if carted across the main bay. The main bay would be ok if you had someone you could call if the wind picked up to pick you up!(who am I kidding, the wind never stops at Awoonga, it just gets stronger!)

I'll probably take the Bullet, dunno if I'll bother using the 25hp or stick with the 6hp, I am to lazy to fix the broken strut under the floor boards (dont want to plane it without fixing the strut), and Ray is still working on the 25HP, I'll see what happens.

Archived