303 aerospace protectant

shortie

I have found this stuff
/>http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=428&CFID=49040303&CFTOKEN=79160825

A couple of the kayaks manufacturers suggest it as the best stuff for UV protecting a kayak.

to buy a 237 ML bottle from BCF was $17

I can get from the Aust distributer a 3.79 ltrs for $95 delivered.

I will eventually use this amount but was wondering if anyone is interested in decanting some from the large bottle im goig to purchase.

Richard.

Richard,

I will look into what's best at work.We produce the powder for kayaks etc.Some is UV treated but some dodgys out there don't and that is why some childrens cubbys etc deteriorate after constant sun exposure.I'd presume the same with some kayaks too.Our Techs would know best way to treat and if this product would be suitable long term or if there was/is a better option.

Adam

Shortie,

I just spoke to him and he said that due to the polyethylene powders make up, most things won't stick and protect it. He also agreed that armourall is not good for a kayak for the reasons you mentioned.

I mentioned the link and although it mentions uses for plastics, not all plastics are made from the same material so it would be true that it could work on plastics but not all.

His suggestion was to give a good scrub with soapy water and this would seem to be the best way to keep your kayak in good shape.Not fool proof but unless a kayak maker can provide you with a proven product to help protect your kayak, then I'd get the scrubbing brush out.

Adam

Do$tylz wrote:

Hey Shortie,

I'll be in. 303 aerospace is actually good to use on the roof of my car. I'f you want more people in I can ask my local s2000 crew and see who would like in as well :)

Yep definitely good stuff. I used to have an s2000 to and it worked beautifully on the convertible cover. I use on my bimini as well.

Archived