Tingalpa Ck Thu 9 April

tiny_tinny

Gidday all,

I took the day off, planning on an early trip to the mouth of the Bris River. But I slept in, didn't I.........

Change of plans - headed to Tinny Ck instead. I arrived about 7AM, surprised by the new improved boat ramp - much better than the old one. I dropped 4 pots upstream of the railway bridge and headed further up to try my luck at prawning. First cast with the net in a likely looking spot got me a good bream. OK, forget the prawns for now, time to fish.

I got a couple more keepers and a couple of undersized fish, then things went quiet. I decided that even prawns are too smart to hang out where there are bream schooling, so I headed further up.

Finally, well up the creek, I started to catch prawns. Only small, and not many, but this was what I was after. I worked hard, getting only a snack or two, before deciding to quit. I picked up the pots on the way back - one boomer of a male mudcrab! What a bonus.

Home by lunchtime, prawns for an entree, fish for the main course and a mudcrab for tomorrow. Great day!

Mike

well done mike its good to get a feed from your efforts and they finally finished the ramp. i've been down there a few times over the last month and a bit to find it still under construction. i reckon they were on an hourly rate and stretched it out as long as they could. hope you get more prawns next time

Archived