suggestions for pe line when i get there?

apoklyps60

Mate get your hands on some Diawa TD Sensor... its really good stuff. Only thing is that when you get down to the 4lb stuff it tends to get wind knots. But 6lb and up its all good. Its a great line, super fine and smooth with superb feel aand its very visibly for fishing lures. Recommend it withouth hesitation

Brandan

TD Sensor.

I haven't had any problems in any of the sizes I've tried (4, 8, 15). I was regularly catching snapper up to 72cm last winter on the 4lbs as well!

I haven't had any wind knots with it at all, unlike the Sunline Super PE (green stuff) which just gave me wind knots galore.

I've seen Lee have a rather bad experience with PE Castaway (another sunline) with it just breaking randomly, sometimes with almost no pressure applied.

TerryH wrote:

TD Sensor.

I haven't had any problems in any of the sizes I've tried (4, 8, 15). I was regularly catching snapper up to 72cm last winter on the 4lbs as well!

I haven't had any wind knots with it at all, unlike the Sunline Super PE (green stuff) which just gave me wind knots galore.

I've seen Lee have a rather bad experience with PE Castaway (another sunline) with it just breaking randomly, sometimes with almost no pressure applied.

:ohmy: Nooooooo not my favourite Castaway, Lee just didn't know how to use it proppa like, lol. Anyway, none of us saw you getting snapper on 4lb :P

Al

pe = asian name for gelspun polyethalene

dynema= european name for gelspun polyethalene

spectra= american name for gelspun polyethalene

same manufacturing process, same materiel

the only differences are the fiber size/weight and the processes that its turned into line

some are braided, some are fused, some are woven then coated

some flat, some oval, some round

its just a matter of finding one that suits the application

most of the heavy braid i use is cheap shadow strike braid from tacklemania and i find it as good or better than the expensive stuff

for light line i like stren microfuse

thank you for all the responses.

ive used the berkeley whiplash when they first came out. my favorite actually it was made of dyneema. but they discontinued it about 5 years ago.

ive also used fireline and found its about as thick as mono lb for lb. didnt like it

im currently using power pro. which in itself is very thin but i guess the processing process isnt as good as it used to be because i find clumps in it which causes unnecessary break offs. especially when fighting big fish.

does the daiwa have a very thin diameter? with the old whiplash it wasnt round but it was super thin. their 20lb was the diameter of 4lb test and smooth as silk. ive still got the 30lb as backing on my daiwa millionaire its about 7 years old now and still strong as all heck. if the daiwa is like that ill be buying a 1500 yard spool. how much is the daiwa by the way? thanks again guys. i truly appreciate the information.

Archived