wen it comes to rods...... IM SERIAL!

blue_mako

hey guys...

just thort id share with you my run of bad luck with plastics fishing rods... it all started when ando got me into sp fishing in april when we went to the tinnie and tackle show... i got 2 set ups... one was an abu t alloy 1500 reel with 8lb fireline and berkley dropshot rod, the other was a shimano slade 1000 with 6lb fireline and berkley dropshot rod...

my first few sessions were fantastic.. i had the most fun ive ever had fishing for fish under 60cms... then one day gus came up with the big idea about plastic fishing at noosa, of corse i said sure, ando came along aswell... 2nd cast bang i get a healthy 46cm flattie which gus had for tea... about 1hr n a half lata i get snagged and loose my sp... as i pull out some line to re-rig my line pop... the rod blank snapps in 2 places and smacks me in the face... ouch!... i stood in shock as i stared at my very sexy broken rod, then looking up at gus as he says did u jst break your rod... ARE YOU SERIAL! a say...

the next time was about a week ago wen jordan being the idiot he is wanted to try and tackle me and chasing me around the house... my rod was up against the wall out the side of my house as i was going fishing that arvo... it was split into the 2 pieces as it shud with the tip piece standing next to the butt piece, touching the ground... jordan runs thru steps on it and pop, rod tip snapped... jordan didnt notice that he had stepped on it as it was a very rare occasion that he was wearing shoes.... i didnt notice either till i was putting the rod in the car... i looked down at my rod tip R U SERIAL! yes i was serial i was twice as serial as i was the first time... i cudnt beleive my luk...

the 3RD! time happened only about 2hrs ago... when i got the 2 dropshots repaired i didnt have anything to fish with so the nice guy at sundown marine gave me a factory seconds replacement rod to get me thru the next week or so... got up nice n early this morning, wel about 7 or so... got redy and wated for my bro to goto skool and my mum to goto work and drop me down at brekky creek boat ramp so i cud work sum pylons and rock reefs... i thort id try an ecogear sx40... about my 6 th or 7th cast i noticed sum seaweed on the rear treble.. went to take it off as i grabbed the lure and slowly bent the rod tip down ther was a quiet pop and the line went loose... OH MY *russian profanities* GOD! ARE YOU *more russian profanities* SERIAL!!!

afterwards i felt sik... i rang the guy up at sundown his words were dont stress dont worry... thank god he, aswell as myself knew ther was a kink in the tip of the rod... thats y its factory seconds i gess...

anyone else had any bad experiences with rods like this...?? i no id never snapped a rod til i started sp fishing

troy

lol nar dave sorry :P stiking with sps over winter esspecialy wen the bream are on and its abt time...

good news... got both my dropshots bak yesterday so i was able to go fishing today at newfarm with ando... check the report... i got em both back for nothing! and they werent repaired either... they were replaced which is even better... so i grabbed sum 4 and 8lb vanish leader aswell... and i think ive alredy said it but they didnt care about the replacement either... even if it was way betta then my dropshots...

troy

Sheeit!

I've never broken a rod, (apart from $10 Kmart bing bings I was trying to break) busted runners quite a few times, but never a quality rod in 35 years of fishing! And boy have I given them a flogging!

PS if your pulling line and break the rod tip, you need to seriously reduce your drag! (and stop using 60lb line on such a small rod!)

Archived