Bribie island mission

Schilling

Thinking about trying my luck up at bribie island some time this week. Last time fished off that big jetty and didnt have much luck!!!!! Caught some average sized pike on some hard bodied lures around the pylons but the current was killa strong out wide 4 my big baits? Does anyone have any good tips 4 up around this region?

cheers schilling

• 2 weeks later...

Mate I have been fishing at Bribie for the best part of 12 years and always come back with a feed of fish. Only ever used pillies as bait cut into to cubes. Try whitepatch and walk out to drop off at low tide then wade back with the tide. Caught everything from Tailor to Jew to loads of massive flattie!

Also try down near the air sea rescue boat ramp. As you go over the bridge turn left and head along there. Also for whiting and bream go to 8th avenue out on surf side and try off the end there.

Good luck! B)

hi mate, i got to this thread a little late (newbie) some spots to try. as you come into ningi there's a small track on the left hand side near the first set of shops on your right. this leads to ningi creek it's a good spot for whiting etc. try to get onto the small point next to the creek. you need to cast out a fair way to find the whiting and flathead. you can get close to a few spots if you drive up through the reserve at the end of whitepatch you need a 4x4 to get there. the blue hole is another spot thats worth a try. you can catch anything here the water is quite deep. it's located south of the jetty. drive past the jetty take the next right after scoopies then follow the road to the end. park up and walk south. it's a great area plenty of beach. the wild life down this way can be interesting at times too the rare topless bikini bird sometimes pops out..literally :blush: . if your chasing whiting and flatties then red beach is another spot to try. some one mentioned white patch and they're right. but if you travel the road to the end then walk through the bush to the water go to your right 3 or 4 hundred metres or so. at low tide you'll see a gutter. it's a good spot for many things. when the tailor are on you'll find plenty of the locals trolling for tailor. you can catch as many from the bank it's a good spot. i would say like most things in fishing take a few different baits..pillies..yabbies..hardy heads(white patch is full of em). there's one spot a lot of people favour at white patch. around half way down the road there's a car park spot with a tall tree. park there then go down the steps. when you hit the beach go to your right. look behind you and you'll see a look out point up the bank. directly in front of this there's a small hole (deeper bit of water or something) that i've caught legal sized squire. plenty of others do too. but it's not just a matter of throwing in and catching em. it takes a bit of time and luck. hope this helps

Archived