Gear for hornibrook flats?

cpetrie

hey everyone

i'm hopefully heading to hornibrook flats in an hour or so and am going to make a stop at BCF for some bigger plastics.

i'm just gonna get a pack of gulp 4" nuke chicken but not sure how heavy the jig heads should be.

what weight and hook size should i get?

cheers

G'day mate!

I was down there this morning chasing Flatties i was using 1/4 oz with a #1 hook jig head on a 4 inch shad worked pretty well got on to a couple nothing special to small to keep so i went down to a 3 inch minnow on a 18/ oz with #1 hook worked just as good still didnt get anything special! all depends on what your chasing!

kappa

Most of the time i bring back a flattie...two if I'm lucky I use a 1/4 jighead with a 3/0 hook i think for 4" and 5" plastics and still even catch small ones. Ive caught on nuclear chook in the 3" with a 1/8th and size 1 hook also but never a keeper! there are heaps out there trust me...ive even stood on a few

well i went there.

we were on southside and just parked and the entrance to the older bridge, walked about 50m or so to the other car-park then started walking out to about knee deep and started casting. i was using 4" slam nitro chicked (gulp 4" nuke was sold out) on a 1/4 jig head with 2/0 hook. fished from 5-6pm (low was going to be at 7) and got nothing, not even a hit. we packed it up and came home.

is that where everyone else fishes? i saw a long sand bank thing which i saw a guy cast netting off, i thought that might have something but didn't go over.

any advice would be great

dude wtf i would be happy with 1 undersize flathead on a lures, can you give me diretion to where you catch all yr flathead, becasue i would swear people make up crap on this site becasue people tell me places and types of lure and it never works :$

plugga if you really wanna catch a Flattie on plastics try Squggies Killer Tomato, They are lethal for flatties imo. No need to cast out far as Flathead wait for the feed to swimm past and then they strike. And as for people speaking crap on this site I dont think so, Most are more willing to help. I recommened you think what you write before you post it little Dude.....;)

Archived