The Spit

Willie

Willie, went to the spit today. caught 5 flathead and a bonito on soft plastics. gulps in 5 inch shad chicken flavours (nuc..curry) did the damage. all the flathead were around the 50 to 55 cm mark. tried the rocks but no good. went to the sandy areas on the inside.

I got somethin for breakfast, took some of the nuc chicken SP and some worms and pilchards incase. Got these two flathead with the SP and the two whiting with worms.

Wasnt a bad day out, just a shame about the awesome weather. Wind and rain dont make comfortable fishing. :S but its just a part of the experience lol thnx guys [img size=536]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/18-c28ad79dd70217c74657c39ff4f0a619.jpg

post-5880-14459849424_thumb.jpg

if you want to try for something different the boat ramp (pontoon near the ramp) near the bridge over the nerang river usually produces a few trevs. there's another spot near the fish& chip shop near the nara resort. the trawlers moor up there. usually get some flatties there, not as many but generally a little bigger. there's a bay there at the northern end you can walk to. i use it as a sleep over spot (used to when i had a boat) i'd use pillies as it gets a few decent sized bream there too. both near the trawler and the bay. never tried SPs there but it looks good for jacks in the summer. anyway there's another spot for when the weather isn't too good..nice catch by the way. the flatties love the SPS aye :)

nice one mate

im looking for a spot to head this weekend, sounds like this spot is the way to go... going to be fishing landbased with bait and maybe try some soft plastics..

this might sound like a stupid question but im just checking if it would be alright after all the rain?

also wondering how busy it is of a weekend on the rocks?

Archived