Anyone keen for monduran?

Travis

Hey Travis, i've been there and caught my first barra there this easter.

Its a really nice dam...a lot of timber though so you'd want a crafty little boat (electric motors are a plus). Also, the barra get a little shy at winter time so you need to work the shallow warmer water more than the deep stuff.

But its a great place to do some barra fishing.

Nat :)

That's be Cherry Ripe and Coca Cola from memory Cowfish :laugh:

Plenty of non stick stuff from what I've seen Trav.

/>http://maps.google.com.au/maps/empw?url=http:%2F%2Fmaps.google.com.au%2Fmaps%3Ff%3Dq%26source%3Ds_q%26hl%3Den%26geocode%3D%26q%3DMonduran%2BQLD%26sll%3D-27.27111,152.313766%26sspn%3D0.380232,0.98877%26ie%3DUTF8%26t%3Dh%26z%3D11%26ll%3D-24.81603,151.945724%26output%3Dembed&hl=en&gl=au

Travis wrote:

after catching those barra out on the reef im keen as to go give monduran barra a crack. Any thoughts anyone? has anyone been there before that would be keen to get on board?

Trav please keep your crack to yourself. ROfl.

Yep you might be lucky wenough to get 1 in winter months, very lucky.

You would definatelly be better of waiting a bit till the water temps warm up a bit more.

I went up to Monduran about a month ago to check it out for a camping trip later this month with 1 of my brothers , i got smashed by my first Barra lol.. iam getting some bigger gear together , i am definately going back late June but i may make a trip up before then .

I went to my sisters in Hervey Bay last time and then shot across to Monduran for the day from there ,took me 2 hours .i took my brother inlaw with me last time (he doesnt fish ) he couldnt believe the size of the fish that busted me off . funny as ..

Archived