Winter fishing at Cressbrook

tomca

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ramp-138eb17406adac5bfb260bd37bdce4ec.jpg

After 168km I arrive at the dam and see this view from the ramp.

First thought, bewdy! nowhere for the fish to hide. After using 1/4 tank of fuel to get to the water, I slide the boat in and head off.

The conditions were less than favourable, water temp was an unpleseant 17 degrees and the wind was from the east at 15-20 knots. I found a section that ran with the breeze and every time I stopped, there was a good 20 minutes to drift and fish.

I caught 12 bass to 20cm on 1/4oz blades and 2 big fat tandanus on grub tail plastics drifted on a paternoster rig.

There were no shrimp to be had in my traps and I couldn't give an earthworm away.

Malcolm wrote:

Geez doesn't look much water in there at least you got some fish Tomca

That photo is deceiving as there is still a lot of water to fish. The creekbed that runs through the middle is very deep, and there is plenty of water to the left and right of the ramp. Even the bank on the other side in the photo is a reasonable distance away. Cressbrook is a funny spot to fish - sometimes hot and sometimes not!

Archived