Norman Creek

grotty

Hey guys,

Im new to brissy and staying at my mums at kangaroo point for a while, and seeing my boat is still in Newcastle i have to stick to land base fishing for a while. I was thinking of trying Norman Creek. What sort of bait should do you guys recommend and what tide.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hey Grotty, I'm a regular up Norman creek for exercise - never seen anything up there apart from catfish - but the boys are on the right track - get down to the mouth - there is some access to get down to the rocks there. Mind you, they have just started some construction work on the Western side.

grotty i'd back up everyone else . the mouth of norman ck. i went for a cruise through there in the boat with the sounder on . there's great looking bottom through there with a really fishy drop off just under the far side of the bridge. i'd try fishing the run in tide from the rocks. let a live bait hang in the current and drift it back over the drop off, it looks too fishy.been planing to have a go at it myself.

Guy_H wrote:

Hey Grotty, I'm a regular up Norman creek for exercise - never seen anything up there apart from catfish - but the boys are on the right track - get down to the mouth - there is some access to get down to the rocks there. Mind you, they have just started some construction work on the Western side.

Correct myself - had a 15cm brown cod in one of my crab pots this morning :blink:

Archived